Aquila Server Upgrade Instructions
- Any existing AquilaServer must be installed and working correctly. It should not be uninstalled.
- All users should ideally be off the system.
- Backup the IBID database to provide fall-back in the event of a failure. (Installations for older versions of the server are readily available, should a major roll-back be required).
- On the machine where AquilaServer is currently installed, run the file AquilaServer_N.N_upgrade_32-bit.exe
- Upgrade each client as necessary
- See also Aquila Server Configuration
- Before the Installation
- Ensure you have backed up the AquilaCRS database using the platform tools.
- Close the TCP port in the firewall to keep users off the system if required (usually port 8099)
- Download the AquilaServer upgrade from here: www.evolutionhealthcaresystems.co.uk/downloads (login required)
- Run the upgrade app and check the introductory screens & ensure your system meets any new minimum system requirements if presented.
- During the file replacement stage, the server will be unavailable to end users.
- AquilaServer is stopped, files are replaced and AquilaServer is restarted (2-3 minutes):
- Database upgrade starts (5-10 minutes):
- CAUTION: If there are any issues with the database upgrade, they will appear here
- Do not proceed with the installation
- Report any issues to the help desk immediately on 01964 503400 or see Getting support
If this is a minor upgrade, then the installation will now have completed. Skip to Installation Complete below.
- After installation, you may need to update your server configuration.
- Please see Aquila Server Configuration for more details.
- If the Aquila Server upgrade is a major upgrade then following the database upgrade the internal calculated analysis data may be recalculated to reflect any changes in the formula.
- These recalculations will take some time, depending on the amount of data, hardware specifications, etc.
- The system is available whilst these calculations are running, although users may perceive a slight performance hit. Depending on your available resources, you may prefer to wait until this has completed.
- When the calculations are completed, the upgrade is complete.
- After the Installation
- Re-open port 8099 on the server if you closed it initially.
- Check your server configuration & make any amendments as necessary. See Aquila Server Configuration
In the event of a problem during the server upgrade, the roll-back process is as follows:
1) Contact EHS who will be able to supply files for the previous version of AquilaServer. 2) Use the Aquila Server Configuration tool to make a careful note of your settings. 3) Uninstall the AquilaServer product 4) Restore the database from the backup taken immediately before the upgrade process. 5) Install the previous version of AquilaServer as supplied, using the settings you noted in step 2.
See Getting support