How to make sure your software is up to date
iBID will automatically check for new software releases once per day. Users of the software can manually check for upgrades by opening the Help menu on the AquilaCRS main page and choosing Software update.... Check the progress of your update by checking the status bar (bottom left of the screen).
If your software version is 1.2.4 or earlier, you will not be able to receive automatic upgrades and must manually upgrade. See also: Finding the version number of your software
Certain other users will not be able to receive updates automatically depending on how iBID was originally installed. You can check this as follows:
- On the main AquilaCRS page, open the Tools menu and select Options....
- Go to the Advanced page
- Check the Installation Folder entry in the list.
- If the installation folder starts with Program Files or Program Files (x86) then you will not be able to receive automatic upgrades due to IT policy & permissions & you will need to manually upgrade (see below).
Manually Upgrading iBID
If, as shown above, your installation folder is Program Files then you will need to contact your IT department and ask them to manually upgrade for you.
If your installation folder is your users home folder and you're not able to receive automatic upgrades for some reason, please do the following:
- Go to the iBID Website & login. If you don't have a login please register here.
- Go to Downloads > IBID Software Downloads > IBID v2.2 Desktop Software
- Download the entry titled "UPGRADE to v2.2 (Desktop)" & save the file to a location on your computer that you can find later (e.g. My Documents, or the desktop)
- When downloaded, locate the AquilaCRS-32_2.2_upgrade_32-bit_All.zip file and extract the upgrade file
- Run the program AquilaCRS-32_2.2_upgrade_32-bit_All.exe file
- When completed, you may delete the downloaded files.
Please note: if you have multiple users sharing a PC, and they each have a per-user installation of iBID, please run the upgrade once for each user.
If the warning message below appears once Aquila is running please contact Evolution Healthcare Systems as the IBID Server will need upgrading at your site.