The iBCS Assessment app is a software module designed to enable you to score an organisation against the International Burn Care Standards. More information on the iBCS is available at www.ibidb.org.
The assessment process is as follows:
- Start a new assessment.
- The person responsible for the organisation answers the questions and enters the Self-Assessment Scores.
- The person then "confirms" the scores that moves the assessment onto the Validation phase.
- An external representative enters the Validation Scores.
- The representative "confirms" the scores that moves the assessment onto the Agreement phase.
- Another external representative (or possibly the same one) enters the Agreed Scores
- The representative "confirms" the agreed scores, which submits the assesment.
Assessments may be "self assessment only" where the organisation is not in a position to be independently validated. In this case the confirmation of the self assessment scores at step 3) above will move the assessment onto step 7) and submits the scores.
Each organisation may only have one assessment "in-progress" at any one time. Once an assessment is submitted then another assessment for the same organisation can be created.
iBCS Standards Authoring
The iBCS Author app is a Windows desktop app designed to allow "author" level users the ability to create and maintain the set of questions and other data that implement the Burn Care Standards.
The app provides the following functions
- Creating entire new versions of the standard whilst preserving previous versions
- New questions can link back to questions in older versions for tracability & accountability.
- Allows creation of new topics, questions, NBCR references.
- The latest set of standards (draft version) can be opened for comments repeatedly. When closed for comments, edits can be made to the standards.
- Ability to release a draft version of the standards.
- Allows users to comment on standards & suggest new standards.
- Provides off-line functionality to guard against connectivity issues.