The following steps are for migrating your database whilst keeping the application server in the same location:
- Ensure new server has SQL Server installed and available
- If you're using SQL Server Logins; create a new login for the AquilaServer service to connect that matches your previous installation. For more info please see Creating a SQL Server Login.
- Stop the Aquilaserver service on the application server to prevent user access.
- Backup database on old server
- Transfer & restore database to new server
- Edit the aquilaserver.ini file in the installation folder on the application server to reflect the new database location
- Restart the AquilaServer service.
- AquilaCRS client re-configuration is not necessary.
AquilaServer and Database Migration
It is recommended to migrate one component at a time & ensure the system is fully functioning and then migrate the other component.
E.g. migrate the database first, ensure the system works & then perform the AquilaServer migration steps.
If you have a single server running both AquilaServer and the Database you should also migrate one component at a time to the new server.