The following steps are for migrating your database whilst keeping the application server in the same location:
- If you're using SQL Server Logins; create a login for AquilaServer that matches your previous login. For more info please see Creating a SQL Server Login.
- Stop the Aquilaserver service on the application server to prevent user access.
- Backup database on the existing server
- Transfer & restore database to the new server
- Check & alter the database Compatibility Level to reflect the new version of SQL Server
- Edit the AquilaServer Configuration to reflect the new database location (see below)
- Restart the AquilaServer service.
- Test the connection by logging in via the AquilaCRS desktop client,
Note: AquilaCRS client re-configuration is not necessary.
Editing AquilaServer Configuration
On the application server open the AquilaServer Configuration Utility from the AquilaServer group in the Start Menu. This application requires local administrator rights to start/stop the service.
At the end of the Connection String line, click the "..." button to open the Edit Connection String dialog.
Enter the new Server and/or Database name in the appropriate fields and press the Back button to save the changes.
Answer Yes to "Restart AquilaSever now" and the AquilaService will restart.
Migrating both AquilaServer and Database
It is recommended to migrate one component at a time & ensure the system is fully functioning and then migrate the other component.
E.g. migrate the database first, ensure the system works & then perform the AquilaServer migration steps.
If you have a single server running both AquilaServer and the Database you should also migrate one component at a time to the new server.