How to make sure your software is up to date
- iBID will automatically check for new software releases once per day.
- Manually check for upgrades by opening the Help menu on the AquilaCRS main page and choosing Software update....
- Check the progress of your update by checking the status bar (bottom left of the screen).
Certain other users will not be able to receive updates automatically depending on how iBID was originally installed. You can check this as follows:
- On the main AquilaCRS page, open the Tools menu and select Options....
- Go to the Advanced page
- Check the Installation Folder entry in the list.
- If the installation folder starts with Program Files or Program Files (x86) then you will not be able to receive automatic upgrades due to IT policy & permissions & you will need to manually upgrade (see below).
Manually Upgrading iBID
If your installation folder is Program Files or you cannot receive automatic upgrades for some other reason, then you will need to contact your IT department and ask them to manually upgrade for you.
If you see the warning message below, this means the IBID Server at your site requires an upgrade.
This is important in order for you to see the latest changes to your desktop software, including potentially important new database fields.
Please contact your IT department and refer them to us for server upgrade instructions.
Version 1.2.4 & earlier
If your software version is 1.2.4 or earlier, you will not be able to receive automatic upgrades and must manually upgrade.